Learn About CBD
CBD is short for cannabidiol, a compound found in the hemp plant. It works naturally with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) to regulate mood and pain without causing any sensation of a “high.”
CBD and THC both have an effect on the endocannabinoid system, which plays an important role in maintaining homeostasis. While they share similarities, there are key differences between the two compounds:
- A mood altering molecule that does not produce a “high”
- Typically sourced from hemp (All of MOTHER CBD is sourced from hemp)
- A mood altering, and psychotropic molecule that does produce a “high”
- Sourced from Cannabis
When taken sublingually, tinctures are typically absorbed within 30 seconds, and the effects are felt within 15 minutes.
A number of factors determine your ideal dose. Your weight, your body chemistry and your reason for using CBD should all be considered. We recommend starting low and going slow with whichever one of our products you choose, gradually increasing until you find what works best for you.
There are three different types of CBD:
Full Spectrum CBD
- Includes a wide range of other cannabinoids and has traces of THC (less than 0.3%)
Broad Spectrum CBD
- Has all the benefits of Full Spectrum with a wide range of other cannabinoids, but it has 0% THC
- Only the CBD compound, pure and simple. No other cannabinoids, 0% THC
Our Unfiltered and Distillate come in 3 different strengths:
- Light (Entry Level)
- Medium (Every Day)
- Strong (Advanced)
We offer Travel Size bottles that are perfect for experimenting so you can try all of our strengths.
1 dropper = Light
2 droppers = Medium
3 droppers = Strong
Always consult with a healthcare professional if taking other medications to determine whether CBD is right for you.
Psychotropic refers to a substance that affects your mental state and ability to cognitively function. Psychoactive refers to a substance that passes your blood-brain barrier. While both have an effect on your brain and its function, not all psychoactive substances are psychotropic. This is important because while CBD is psychoactive, since it crosses your blood-brain barrier, it does not get you high like THC does, so is not psychotropic.